The hailstones have antiquity that goes back to Louis XV, today they are one of the most refreshing drinks that are usually consumed either in the summer. Who doesn’t want to drink something that not only tastes incredible and is full of flavor, but also offers freshness and in some cases that spark of alcohol to make any party a bit more entertaining!
Today, we’ll talk about 3 different candy slushies recipes that are very popular, 2 slushie recipes are alcohol-free, and one contains alcohol so that the adults can have some fun as well.
Skittles Slushie Recipe
Slush is the most fun and colorful drink for children, with this recipe you can create a slush full of many sweets to enjoy at any time, whether in the summer or at a party. This recipe has no alcohol, and both adults and children can enjoy it. It is a simple and very good recipe for hot summer.
Ingredients for Skittles Slushie
Let’s talk about the ingredients for this incredible Skittles Slushie that tastes as good as a rainbow!
- 14 ounces of original Skittles,
- 4 cups of sugar,
- 4 cups of water,
- 1 ⅔ cup lemon juice,
- a bag of ice,
- 2 liters of mineral water.
Preparation of the Skittles Slushies
It is time to mention the steps to follow for the preparation of this refreshing candy slushies recipe.
- The first thing is to separate the Skittles by color and place them in different jars that have a lid until they are all divided into different color groups.
- Grab a pot or saucepan and add 4 cups of sugar plus 2 liters of water, turn on the stove and set it to medium heat and wait for the sugar to dissolve completely, the mixture cannot be cloudy, it must be completely clear.
- After the sugar mixture is ready, remove it from the heat and pour a small portion into each small jar that contains the color-separated Skittles, let the jars cool slightly until reaching room temperature.
- Place the lids on the jars and shake until everything is well mixed. Let them sit overnight to achieve a much sweeter taste. The funny thing is that each jar produces a quarter cup of Skittles syrup.
- For each slushie preparation, you will need one of the Skittles candy jars, add a little in the blender, also add 6 cups of ice and a third of the lemon juice.
- Blend until it’s fully mixed and you get the consistency of the slush.
- And finally, serve and enjoy!
Jolly Rancher Vodka Slush Recipe
Today I am going to show you one of the most fun and popular recipes when it comes to candies and slushies. And if you want to make it more interesting, this slush recipe comes with a touch of Vodka for the biggest in the house.
Ingredients for the Jolly Rancher Vodka Slush
First, we will mention the ingredients needed for this delicious Jolly Rancher Vodka slush recipe.
- 600 ml of vodka
- 8 cherry ranchers
- 8 blue raspberry ranchers
- 8 green apple ranchers
- 1 whole cup of ice cubes
- 2/3 cup sprite
- And the sweets of your choice for decoration
Preparation of the Jolly Rancher Vodka Slushie
Let’s talk about the steps to prepare this rich recipe, just thinking about this slushie makes us want to take make one right now! These are the steps to prepare this delicious candy slushie with Vodka.
- The first thing to do is to separate the Jolly Rancher candies, separate the by different colors and place them separately in different jars with lids.
- It is time to pour the vodka in equal parts in each bottle, about 200 ml per bottle.
- Close each jar with the lid and let them sit for 24 hours, this will ensure all the vodka and Jolly Ranchers mix together.
- When the Jolly Ranchers are completely dissolved, it is time to make the slush. To do that, you just have to place about 2 oz of the produced mixture, about 6 ice cubes, the Sprite and then blend until it gets that slushie texture.
- Finally, decorate with your candy of choice and the drink is ready to be served.
Pineapple Coconut Laffy Taffy Slushie
Ever heard of Candy slushies made with Laffy Taffy? If not, you’re in the right place! We’ll show you the recipe for a Pineapple Coconut Laffy Taffy Slushie with colorful candies.
Ingredients for the Pineapple Coconut Laffy Taffy Slushie
The first thing is to have the ingredients at hand, they are not hard to get as the recipe is very simple and easy to make.
- a bag of pineapple Laffy Taffy candies,
- a bottle of coconut water,
- 2 trays of ice.
Preparation of the Laffy Taffy Slushy
- The first thing is to pour a full bottle of coconut water and combine it with Laffy Taffy pineapple candies in a jar. Let it sit for 24 hours until the coconut water absorbs the taste of the candies.
- Continue by adding the mixture you left sitting for 24 hours and 2 trays of ice to the blender. Blend using the slush setting, until you get a slushie texture or use a slushie machine.
- The final step is to serve this delicious drink and of course, decorate it with crushed Laffy Taffy candies or other gummies of your choice.