Whether you’re looking for a tasty icy dessert or just want to cool down on a hot summer day, making a slushie is always a great option.
One of our favorite slushies has to be the coke slushie and today we will share 3 different methods on how to make a coke slushie!
On a hot summer day, when regular soda or chilled water does not seem enough to quench thirst, Coca-Cola slushies are a perfect choice.
With only 5 minutes to make, these are extremely easy and fun to make, we also can’t forget to mention that you can make them at home with your family.
Below are three super-easy 5-minute coke slushie recipes, have fun and enjoy this delicious summer drink.
How to Make a Coke Slushie with a Coke Slushie Machine
The first and probably the easiest way to make a Coke Slushie is by using one of the recommended slushie machines. Yes! Machines can make our lives so much easier, so why not let them? 😉
We use a machine specifically designed for making Coca-Cola slushies, it’s called Nostalgia RSM650COKE and it can help you make up to 32-ounces of slushy drinks at a time!
So how can one go about making a CocaCola slushie, it’s very simple and the whole process takes less than 3 minutes, take a look at the instructions below.
- One bottle of Coca-Cola
- One bowl of ICE Cubes
- A spoon of salt
- A slushie machine
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Make a Coke Icee with Coke Slushie Machine
1. Add ICE cubes and salt into the ice compartment of the slushy machine.
2. Completely close the top lid of the container.
3. Add Coca-Cola in the liquid compartment and fix it on to the machine properly.
4. Press the freezing/start button and the machine will start producing delicious Coca-Cola slushies.
5. Remove the liquid container, pour the drink and enjoy.
The machine also has 2 interesting features worth mentioning…
- The first one is it’s easy flow out button that helps you pour out the slush into the glasses.
- The top container of the machine is detachable which helps and makes the cleaning process a lot easier.
The upper container of the machine is detachable for proper cleaning and easy preparation.
However this recipe is not only for Coke slushies, but it also works perfectly well with kool aid, fruit juices, soda or even wine. The whole process is very easy and can be replicated with a variety of different drinks.
It only takes 3 minutes to create the perfect slushie drink and clean everything up, you can also have fun with your family and make the slushies together. 🙂
How to Make a Coke Slushie with a Blender
- 3 cups of Coca-Cola
- 1 plate of ICE Cubes
- Cherry juice (optional)
- 2 Cherries (to garnish drinks)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Making a Coke Slushie with a Blender
1. Put the Coca-Cola into a shallow dish and put it in the freezer for at least 4 hours or until it becomes completely frozen.
A nice trick, that you can use if you want to make a low calorie or diet coca-cola slushie, you should use a diet Coca-Cola. You can also put the Cola into an ICE cube tray and they should be completely frozen within 1-2 hours.
2. Put the remaining Coca-Cola into the refrigerator to keep it cool.
3. Prepare a high-quality blender and put the frozen Coca-Cola into a blender with the ice cubes. If you want a sweet flavor than add some sugar and after adding all the ingredients blend them well.
If you want to spice things up with a more interesting flavor, add some cherry juice as suggested above.
A little amount of cherry juice can add a new delicious flavor to your drink. Pour it into a blender with other ingredients.
You can also use Coca-Cola Cherry flavor, instead of the regular Coke and cherry juice.
4. Blend well until all the ingredients turn into a smooth frozen texture. That’s it, the semi-frozen flavor bomb is now ready to be served.
If you want a more thick texture then add some extra ICE cubes and blend them together again.
5. Serve your Coca-Cola Slushie instantly after blending it, this will ensure the best possible slushie texture.
6. Garnish your drink and serve before it starts melting.
7. Do not keep it in the fridge, but in the freezer and when required, blend it again into a smooth drink to enjoy the very same taste and texture.
How to Make Self Freezing Coke
Here is our third best recipe for making Coca-Cola slushies, this one is possible even if you don’t have a blender or a slushie machine, it can also be fully made within the walls of your home.
This quick 5-min homemade Coca Cola Slushie recipe requires very few ingredients and it’s a very fun way of making a slushie, we bet your kids will absolutely love making it with you.
Self Freezing Coke (Instant Slushie Recipe)
- A cup of Coca Cola
- 5 tablespoons of salt
- 12 ICE Cubes
- 2 sealable plastic bags
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Preparing a Homemade Coke Slushie without a Blender
1. Take a plastic bag and put ice cubes and salt into it. This will create a chemical reaction among ingredients. Salt in the bag will lower down the temperature and this will help to freeze the ingredients.
2. Take the second bag and pour Coca-Cola into it. Seal the bag from the top and put it into the bag with ice and salt.
3. Continue by completely sealing the second bag and removing all the air from both of the bags. Make sure nothing is leaking.
4. Make sure the ICE cubes in the bag can move freely and then shake both the bags well.
5. When shaking, wrap the bag with a towel to keep your hands safe from the extreme cold.
6. Keep shakin’ (3-5 minutes) until you see the Coca Cola freezing and getting a slushie type of texture.
7. Your Coke slushie is ready to be served. Just open the bags, lift out the Coca Cola bag, pour it in a glass and serve before it starts melting.
8. (Optional) – If it’s taking a while to freeze, try adding more salt and try again.
This last method is definitely one where you and your family will have the most fun, but unfortunately, it’s not the fastest.
If you’re a big slushie connoisseur, we definitely recommend investing in a proper slushie machine. You can check our full Slushie Machine Buying Guide if you need any help.