Slushies have got to be one of the most refreshing drinks that are usually enjoyed and paired with the hot summer weather. Who wouldn’t enjoy a drink that cools you down and is full of flavor, but also offers freshness and in some cases a spark of alcohol to make the afternoon or evening just a little bit more fun and interesting.
Today we’ll introduce 3 different slushie fruit recipes, that are very popular with both kids and adults.
Caramel Orange Slushie Recipe
The most common slushies, but no less sought after are those made with orange, some people usually complement it with gummies, some syrup or grenadine by placing it on the edge of the glass with sugar on the edges of the glass making it look like as amazing as a margarita.
This recipe is a classic, but the classics as we know never go out of style, in many cases, they are the basis for creating new ideas or in this case new recipes.
In order to make this delicious Caramel Orange Slushie, you’ll first need to know how to make that base of caramel slush with orange. This recipe is alcohol-free so that both adults and children can enjoy it. It is a simple and delicious recipe perfect for those hot summer days.
Ingredients for Caramel Slushie with Orange
Let’s talk about the ingredients you’ll need to prepare this refreshing drink of caramel and orange.
- 16 oz. or half a liter of natural orange juice
- 33 oz. or a liter of water
- 1 cup or 200 grams of sugar
- 3 egg whites
- a pinch of salt
- the stripped skin of 2 oranges
Preparation of the caramel-orange Slushie
It’s time to talk about the fun part, the actual preparation of the caramel-orange slushie, which you can do alone or as a fun activity with your kids.
- Start by grabbing a small pot and adding the water and the cup of sugar, continue by cooking it until 10 minutes after it starts boiling.
- After the time is up, turn off the heat and place the stripped skin of the oranges into the pot. Wait until the water cools down to room temperature and then remove the stripped skin.
- Continue by adding the natural orange juice into the mixture and placing it all into the freezer.
- When the mixture starts to freeze, grab the egg whites and bring them to the tip of snow, add a pinch of salt to that preparation and then mix them in the bowl where the orange mixture is.
- Finally, you will take all that mixture to the freezer to freeze for about 15-20 minutes.
- Now that you have the desired texture, the caramel orange slushie is ready to be served and enjoyed.
And that would be the simple and very fun preparation of the slushie, you already have the basis to create infinities of caramel slushies.
Passion Fruit Vodka Slushie Recipe
Passion fruit or “Parchita” in some countries is one of the most refreshing fruits that exist, this recipe for slush with passion fruit and Vodka is very fun and gives the palate a feeling of very rich freshness. It is a drink for adults, either for a group meeting or a little bit of fun at the beach or a pool party.
Ingredients for making a Passionfruit Vodka Slushie
First, lets mention the ingredients that are needed for this rewarding slush recipe with vodka.
- 1 cup or 300 grams of passion fruit
- 1.6 cups or 400 grams of sugar
- 2.5 cups or 600 ml of water
- 0.8 cups or 200 ml of vodka
- 2 trays of ice
Preparation of the Passionfruit Vodka Slushy
Let’s talk about the steps to prepare this rich recipe, just thinking about this slush makes me want to take it right now! Attentive to the steps so that you have a caramel slush with magnificent Vodka.
- The first thing to do is open the passion fruit and take out all the pulp with a spoon, which can be stored in a container.
- Next, you will place the sugar in a bowl or container, where you are going to add about 400 ml of water to the sugar, make a mixture which you are going to add to the bowl where the passion fruit is.
- Continue by grabbing a portable mixer, and mixing everything, add the 200 ml of water that remained from the 600 ml of the recipe.
- Then simply pour that mixture through a strainer to remove the seeds, and then you put it in the freezer so that it gets that tasty slushie texture. This should happen after about 20 minutes in the freezer.
And ready! You already have your recipe for caramel slush with passion fruit and Vodka.
Pineapple and Coconut Slush Recipe
Slushies are considered desserts with a very simple preparation by many. The number of slushie recipes available is amazing and you can achieve many combinations. The 3rd recipe for today will be the recipe for pineapple and coconut slush.
Ingredients for making a Pineapple and Coconut Slushie
- Two coconut yogurts
- a glass of condensed milk
- a whole pineapple
- 2 trays of ice
Preparation of the Pineapple and Coconut Slushie
It is time for preparation, like the previous recipes to achieve this slush is very simple, it does not require much practice just knowing how to mix and use a blender or the slushie machine.
- The first thing is to peel the whole pineapple and chop it into pieces, continue by placing it in the blender.
- The second step is to pour some water into the pineapple mixture and blend, when everything is well mixed, continue by straining that mixture.
- After straining the pineapple mixture, put it back in the blender, and add the two coconut yogurts, plus the condensed milk and then mix them all in the blender.
- Finally, add a lot of ice to make the proper slushie and get that proper slushie texture, then you just have