Watermelon also called Sandia; is a fruit composed of more than 90% of water, so it has strong diuretic properties that help fight kidney disease or any other that causes us to retain fluid. Watermelon is harvested in several countries of the world such as Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Cuba. Colombia, Brazil and also in European countries such as Spain.
It has even been very fashionable to eat roasted and cut watermelon as if it were a piece of meat; so yes, watermelon can be consumed in many presentations and also save us a few calories, as it’s quite filling.
If you have an upcoming party at home and do not know what to offer to your guests, try some of the recipes listed below; I will give you options with and without alcohol to make the party a tad bit more fun.
Watermelon, strawberry and yogurt slushie
The watermelon combined with the strawberry makes an excellent combination, it offers a soft yet refreshing taste; now imagine if we make a Watermelon slushie and then add yogurt to it!
Yes! The yogurt brings a creamy texture and gives a unique touch to this drink, which can be the perfect dessert for a lovely Sunday family lunch
To make this Watermelon slushie with strawberries, and yogurt we will need the following ingredients:
- A spoonful of lemon juice
- 2 cups of seedless watermelon
- A yogurt natural flavor
- A teaspoon of lemon zest
Preparation of the watermelon, strawberry and yogurt slushie
- The night before making the slushie, cut the watermelon into pieces the size of an ice cube, while removing all the seeds.
- Put the pieces of watermelon in a sealed bag and put them in the freezer until you decide to make this watermelon slushie.
- When making the slushie, place the frozen pieces of watermelon in the blender.
- Add the complete yogurt, juice and lemon zest.
- Turn on the blender, periodically stop it and see if anything is stuck to the walls of the blender.
- Turn it off when you have the desired texture.
This slushie goes together perfectly with lunch as a dessert or as a mid-afternoon snack, you’ll see it on the faces of your guests. 🙂
Watermelon vodka slushie with mint
When we talk about celebrations, you can’t miss the touch of liquor, but it is often boring to only serve a dry drink, especially on days when the heat starts to get a little bit crazy.
So we recommend you consume drinks with caution, eat well before you start drinking and remember that even though a slushie still looks like an innocent drink it certainly is not. We’ll show you how to make a watermelon slushie with vodka and mint.
Ingredients needed to prepare a watermelon vodka slushie with mint:
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 liter of watermelon juice
- 5 mint leaves
- One lemon’s juice
- 100ml of vodka of your choice
Step by step preparation of the watermelon vodka slushie with mint
- About 3 hours before the event, liquify half the watermelon without water.
- Pass the juice through a sieve and store in a container.
- Chop the mint leaves as small as possible and add them to the watermelon juice.
- Mix the sugar with the lemon and the vodka, while trying to dissolve the sugar as much as possible to avoid unwanted lumps.
- Mix and combine both and place in a deep dish.
- Cover either with a large lid or with transparent film and take it to the freezer for 3 hours.
- Every half hour mix the mixture with a teaspoon to break the crystals that form due to the cold, remove from the freezer when you’re happy with the texture.
- Serve and enjoy. 😉
Place a mint leaf and a slice of lemon in the glass as a decoration and watch everyone be amazed by your watermelon slushie with vodka.
Watermelon slushie with strawberry ice cream in a slushie machine
Many times we experience trouble when figuring out what to prepare as a snack for our children, from Monday to Friday the decision is much simpler; a sandwich, a fruit, juice, and crackers. But what happens on weekends, for example, a Sunday at home, watching animated movies and they ask us to prepare something for them.
And here’s our answer, a delicious, refreshing watermelon slushie with strawberry ice cream, prepared with ease in a slushie machine.
You don’t need much to make your little ones happy, here’s a list of ingredients:
- Strawberry ice cream
- Freshly made watermelon juice
- Ice cubes
Step by step preparation of the watermelon and strawberry ice cream slushie:
- Put a cup of ice cream into a bowl and microwave it for a few minutes until the ice cream has fully melted.
- Add ice cubes to your slushie machine until the container is filled.
- Pour the melted ice cream into the slushie machine and the freshly made watermelon juice.
- Turn on the slushie machine and after a few minutes, you’re done with half the preparation to enchant your little angels.
- Serve in plastic cups by layers, first a layer of slushie, then one of ice cream; compact well and pour a layer of watermelon slushie again until reaching the edge of the glass.
- Place a scoop of ice cream to fill the glass.
- To avoid this being a sugar bomb, a healthy option is to place honey on top.
We invite you to see our TOP 12 Slushie Machines of 2019 GUIDE if you don’t have one yet, it makes slushie preparation so much easier!
If you want to see more recipes of slushies visit our other articles like delicious fruit slushie recipes, kool-aid slushies and also our general guide for making slushies.