Wine Slushie Recipe | 3 EASY Methods for Making Wine Slushies!
When we think about slushies, all the summer childhood memories come to mind; the hot summer air in which the ice-cream guy, passed the front of our home and we excitedly asked for money to buy some of that delicious icy desert. But as the years passed, 2 things changed. We discovered the fun world of booze, yet our love for slushies remained, so why not try combining the two?
Nowadays it is very popular to try recipes that we never imagined could be mixed with liquor, we have seen rubber bears with vodka, gummy worms with liquor and more, but if you are looking for something delicious with a slight alcoholic kick, a good option is to try Wine Slushies; they are one of the best things to enjoy on a hot summer night.
There are many recipes for slushies made with wine but we will provide you with different methods to make them straight from your house. This way, you won’t have a valid excuse for not having a good time with your friends. 😉
So to encourage you to try this delight we will tell you about three different methods for making wine slushies.
White Wine with Summer Fruit Slushie Recipe
In the summer wonderful fruits are harvested; two of them are strawberries and cherries that; because of their water content, are perfect for making this delicious wine slushie recipe with a blender in the comfort of your home.
Ingredients needed to prepare white wine slushies with fruit
- 2 cups of cherries
- 2 cups of ripe strawberries
- A bottle of white wine of your choice
- A tray of ice cubes (optional)
The preparation process of White wine slushies
- About three hours before starting with the preparation, you should wash the fruits well, don’t forget to dry them with an absorbent towel.
- Put them in the freezer in airtight bags. It is important that they are dry since this prevents that at the time of making the slushie; they are not stuck in an ice block and will be impossible for your blender to process them.
- Put the wine bottle in the refrigerator, so that it is at a suitable temperature at the time of serving.
- After the time has elapsed in which the fruits are already frozen, we will remove them from the freezer and put them all in the blender.
- Continue by turning on the blender on medium speed, so that the fruit gets chopped up, little by little.
- With the blender on, we will add the white wine until it reaches the consistency of the slush you want; take into account that the more wine you add without increasing the amount of fruit, the more liquid the texture of the slush will be.
- If you want to soften the flavor of the slushie a little, you can add a couple of ice cubes in the blender process so that its intensity and the effects that it could cause will decrease a little. 😉
Rose Wine Slushie with Melon
To make this incredible Rose wine melon slushie, you’ll need a slushie machine. A slushie machine makes the whole process of making slushies a whole lot easier and also more enjoyable.
If you don’t have a slushie machine yet, we recommend you check out our 2019 Slushie Machine buying guide, there are some incredible options out there!
Ingredients required to make rose wine melon slushies
- 1 large ripe melon
- 1 bottle of rose wine
- 1 1/2 cups of cold water
The preparation for making Rose Wine Melon Slushies
- The night before, cut the melon into large cubes and put it in an airtight bag in the freezer, take it our right before you’re going to make the Rose wine slushie.
- To make your slushie; pour frozen melon cubes, wine, and water into your slushie machine.
- Turn the slushie machine on and wait for it to reach the desired consistency.
- Remember that this slush should be served immediately after making it, otherwise it’ll start to melt.
And voila, you already have your Rose wine and melon slushie made in a slushie machine, what a perfect recipe!
Red wine slushie without a blender or a slushie machine
Many times we don’t have the tools to make a good slushie; In that case, we present an easy way to make a red wine slushie without the need for any electrical appliance.
In order to do so, you’ll need:
- A baking dish
- Transparent food film
- 120ml of blackberry brandy
- A bottle of red wine that you like
- 120ml of flavored water with orange gas
The preparation of the red wine slushie
- In a bowl, you will mix the wine, brandy, and the flavored water until they are well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the oven dish, while making sure you don’t pour it all the way to the top.
- Cover the dish with the transparent film and put it in the freezer.
- Mix the mixture every thirty minutes until it reaches three hours; do this smoothly enough, so that the ice that is formed is broken but not melted.
With this recipe, you make a homemade slush of red wine and enjoy it in the comfort of your backyard, window or balcony on a hot afternoon. Or you can visit some of the other recipes we have like the homemade coca cola slushie recipe, mango slush recipe or best candy slushie recipes to taste something different.
Whether it is in a blender, in a machine created especially for this purpose or simply with our own hands; making any of these recipes allows you and your friends to refresh and enjoy yourselves in those days when the overwhelming heat strikes. Enjoy!