Fruits offer some impressive health benefits, but they’re also delicious and incredibly refreshing. When fighting common diseases such as cold, one of the most needed vitamins is Vitamin C, which can be obtained in a large number by consuming fruits.
Vitamin C is essential in the process of development and growth of the human being, it helps to prevent the damage that can be caused by different free radicals, it also helps with wound healing, fighting cholesterol that causes heart disease and prevents diseases caused by poor oxygenation of the brain.
Out of all the fruits available to us, lemon has many nutrients and vitamins such as those corresponding to complex B and vitamin C in large quantities.
Using lemon in refreshing drinks is a custom that has been ingrained for many years, so what better way to honor traditions than preparing delicious slushies made with lemonade. Here are some of the best recipes for making refreshing lemonade slushies.
So without a further ado, here’s how to make a lemonade slushie!
Classic Lemonade Slushies Recipe
When we talk about classic lemonade, we imagine that it is as simple as squeezing a few lemons and that’s it, but it’s not as simple. A good lemonade requires us to follow specific instructions that make it taste as good as possible.
In this recipe we will teach you how to prepare this delicious classic lemonade slushie; like back in our childhood, we will only need three ingredients and a blender. This can also be used as a base to prepare other slushies that have a lemon flavor.
Classic Lemonade Slushies Ingredients
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 large lemons
- The zest of the shell of the 4 lemons (only the green part)
- 1 liter of water
Classic Lemonade Slushies Ingredients Preparation
- Mix the zest and juice of the four lemons with the sugar.
- Boil on low heat and stir, so that the sugar dissolves.
- Add the liter of water once the previous mix cools down.
- Put the lemonade in the freezer for approximately 3 hours.
- Once our lemonade has frozen, we put it in a blender and blend it until it has the consistency we want for our lemonade slushy.
This lemonade slushie can be accompanied with a splash of grenadine or some syrup of your choice to make the refreshing drink a tad more interesting.
Peppermint Lemonade Slushies Recipe
Lemon and peppermint have always been a delicious mix to prepare different types of beverages with or without alcohol.
Just as lemon has great benefits for our health, peppermint also has them, because it helps us digest food better, prevent oral and stomach diseases; as well as fight common colds.
So if you are one of those people who often get sick, this lemonade slushy will help you avoid this kind of illness that disturbs us when we just want to enjoy our time.
If you are looking for something refreshing, I teach you to prepare this simple peppermint lemonade slushy just by using a blender.
Peppermint Lemonade Slushies Ingredients
- Some fresh peppermint
- the juice of 7 medium lemons
- 2 cups of sugar
- Ice cubes (quantity depends on the desired consistency)
Peppermint Lemonade Slushies Preparation
- Pour the sugar into the blender and process it until it is pulverized. This will give a smoother consistency to our slushie.
- Mix the powdered sugar, mint leaves, and lemon juice.
- Process all the ingredients together until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Finally, add ice cubes, turn on the blender until our slushie has that soft texture that we all love.
You can serve them in long glasses with a slice of lemon on the side to surprise your guests.
Coconut Lemonade Slushy Recipe
If you’ve ever visited Colombia, you’ll know how popular the coconut lemonade slushie is there, but if not, this is the perfect chance to make and try one at the comfort of your own house all thanks to slushie machines, that make making slushies so incredibly easy.
This is not a common lemonade, it is a mixture between different types of milk, coconut, and lemon that will leave a positive impression from the moment you taste it.
Coconut Lemonade Slushy Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of milk powder
- 100ml coconut milk
- 100ml of condensed milk
- The juice of 2 large lemons
- Enough ice cubes to fill the machine
Coconut Lemonade Slushy Preparation
- Add ice cubes to your slushie machine, until the container is filled.
- Continue by adding the milk powder.
- Mix the lemon juice, coconut milk, and condensed milk and add the mixture to the machine
And that’s it, now just turn on your slushie machine, wait a few minutes and enjoy your delicious coconut lemonade slushies.
This recipe can be enjoyed by both children and adults and will give your family the enjoyment of something delicious while spending some quality time together.
We also recommend you check out some of our other fruit recipes, all are listed and can be found here:
Lemonade Slushies Reviews
Alice says: “Easily the most refreshing drink I’ve made this summer!”Alice posted (5 / 5) review
Chloe says: “A bit to sweet for my personal taste, but I can say that my kids loved it without a doubt.”Chloe posted (4 / 5) review
Nicole says: “Funny enough I don’t even like lemonade, but I found these lemonade slushees delicious.”Nicole posted (5 / 5) review